I came across this survey over on PB Fingers and thought I’d share my responses with you.
Enjoy and feel free to play along in the comments or post to your own blog!
- Eggnog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate. With peppermint.
- Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? We always have at least one Santa gift wrapped under the tree, but most were unwrapped and sitting around the tree.
- Colored lights on tree/house or white? White is preferred, though I also have an appreciation for the vintage colored bulb strands.
- Do you hang mistletoe? Growing up, my parents always hung mistletoe in the hall of their home.
- When do you hang your decorations up? Typically, we decorate our home the weekend of Thanksgiving.
- What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Christmas morning my mom makes a breakfast casserole and an amazing bread dish she calls “Tutti Bread” – it’s smothered in a poppy seed mustard mixture, cheese and topped with bacon. Deeeelish!
- Favorite holiday memory as a child? My family gathering at my grandmother’s house on Christmas night and singing Christmas carols. A family favorite was “Twelve Days of Christmas” and we’d break into groups for each “day”. My uncle had the 5 golden rings part down! A close second would be The Advent Wreath mishap.
- What is on your Christmas wish list? Anything from my holiday gift guide!
- Do you open a gifts on Christmas Eve? Yep! We get to open one pre-designated gift on Christmas Eve and it’s almost always a new pair of PJs.
- How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With random ornaments that have either been given to us or bought by us over the years. I much prefer a mismatch of ornaments that have meaning!
- Snow? Love it or dread it? Love it!! Too bad we were more likely to get ice than snow at Christmas in Arkansas.
- Real tree or fake tree? Real!
- Do you remember your favorite gift? Probably the Playmobil Victorian Dollhouse. My sister and I spent countless hours playing with it growing up. I loved making up stories for the dolls and tucking them in to their beds. I think it’s still stored in my parents’ attic and I occasionally dream about playing with it as an adult. It was seriously a gorgeous dollhouse.
- What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? The memories made with family.
- What is your favorite holiday dessert? I am always up for a large serving of my mom’s dishpan cookies.
- What is your favorite tradition? I love going to the 11 o’clock Christmas Eve Candlelight service with my family. It’s a wonderful and peaceful service that reminds me every year what the season is truly about.
- What tops your tree? An angel always topped my parents’ tree, but this year Adam and I have a star topping our tree.
- Do you prefer giving or receiving? I love giving gifts, but I also equally love snooping to find out my gifts.
- What is your favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night
- Candy canes, yuck or yum? YUM!!!!
- Favorite Christmas movie? Elf!
- What do you leave for Santa? Dishpan cookies and milk.
- Do you have a Christmas morning tradition? My sister and I always had to wait and come down the stairs together before we could open our presents. We always wear our new Christmas PJs.
- Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall? Lately, I’ve enjoyed shopping online, but there are some gifts that are just easier to find in-person at the mall or local shops around town.
- Christmas letter or Christmas card? Christmas card.