…that’s good enough for me!
Tonight I decided to bake dishpan cookies or, as my coworkers and friends refer to them, Crack Cookies. It’s a recipe my mom came up with after taking her favorite ingredients from different recipes to make a brand new one. These cookies are amazing straight out of the oven and even better if you eat them straight out of the freezer (after baking of course). I think it’s the crystallization of the sugar…at least that’s what I tell myself. In fact, when mom makes these at Christmas, she fills up our Santa cookie jar and places the remainder in the freezer. The ones in the freezer always disappear before the ones in the cookie jar.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups corn flakes
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 cup coconut
- Cream first 5 ingredients until light and fluffy in large mixing bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients in large pan.
- Pour creamed mixture over dry ingredients and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoon on cookie sheet and bake in 350 oven for 8 – 10 minutes.
Note: Do not overcook. I spray my cookie sheets with non-stick spray before cooking first batch.
Yield: 10 – 12 dozen cookies