Yesterday, as I was watching Food Network in bed, I was absolutely delighted by the Shrimp in a Garlic Pepperoni Sauce Sunny Anderson made on Cooking For Real. I mean, I love pepperoni, I love garlic, and I looooove schrimp. Mmm mmm wonderful schrimp. [Don’t adjust your vision folks, I typed schrimp] My mouth was watering as she made it and I could practically smell its goodness through my television, so it should come as no surprise that I would make it for dinner Sunday night.
After my Sunday Jazzercise ritual, I went to my neighborhood K-Roger to purchase the necessary ingredients. Unfortunately, K-Roger had other plans, which included not having 2 of the ingredients I needed: Pepperoni that didn’t have Hormel in the name and Adobo seasonings. I was defeated and schlepped to the front of the store for a fresh start. As I schlepped, I remembered my go-to shrimp recipe that I hadn’t made in quite a while (okay, maybe a year), and my mood brightened. Garlicky Lemon Shrimp anyone? I promise it will change your life.
Garlicky Lemon Shrimp by Rocco DiSpirito
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and cooked
- 3 tbsp lemon juice (I use the juice of 2 large lemons)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (I use shredded)
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs (I use Italian Style)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, toss shrimp with lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cheese and bread crumbs (coat evenly).
- Spread shrimp on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake 5 minutes or until golden and cooked through.