Tonight, I had a craving for pizza. I’ve always been a fan of margherita pizza, but whenever I order it something’s always off. There’s either too much tomato, too much cheese, not enough basil, etc. etc. I’ve never made a true pizza at home before, but thought it couldn’t be that bad, right? After my daily workout, I headed to K-Roger, as Adam calls it, and picked up the ingredients I thought I’d need.
I laid everything out on the counter and started playing. Well, my playing paid off, because my pizza was fantastic. In fact, it’s taking everything I have not to eat the entire pie in one setting.
- 1 can refrigerated pizza dough
- ~ 5 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 vine-ripened tomato
- 5 -6 basil leaves
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Italian Seasonings
- Garlic Powder
- Roll out the pizza dough onto your baking sheet/stone.
- In a small bowl, season EVOO with garlic powder and seasonings to your preference.
- Brush oil mixture onto the dough.
- Tear apart the mozzarella slices and spread them out across the dough.
- Thinly slice the tomato and place slices on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake according to your dough’s directions. (Mine was 450 degrees for 13 minutes)
- Once out of the oven, tear basil leaves and sprinkle on top.
- Slice and enjoy!
Nutrition per serving: 180 cals, 7g fat, 6.75g protein, 23.25g carbs, 7.2mg cholesterol