Last week I had a hankering to cook up some comfort food.
I wanted something easy, that used ingredients I already had in my pantry, and was quick. I dig through my cabinets and see some whole wheat/whole grain bread, sugar and cinnamon. I immediately become reminded of my childhood and having breakfasts of Cinnamon Toast.
The memories flood my mind as soon as the aroma fills my apartment and I’m in a nostalgic heaven. Memories of flouring the kitchen while “baking” before mom wakes up, helping my grandmas bake on the weekends, and more recently finding my love of cooking – one recipe at a time – bring a smile to my face.
This cinnamon toast is the epitome of comfort food to me and has quickly become my breakfast staple.
Meggie’s Cinnamon Toast
- 1 slice Whole grain/whole wheat bread
- 1/3 tsp Cinnamon
- 2/3 tsp Sugar
- 0 calorie fake butter spray (as much as you prefer)
- Preheat the oven broiler to high.
- Place bread on baking sheet and spray with the fake butter
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together, then sprinkle onto the bread.
- Place in oven and cook until toasted. Be careful not to burn.
YUM love cinnamon toast. Looks great! I’m thinking you can cook breakfast for girls weekend 🙂
I’m TOTALLY up for that. Did I mention my mom’s Tootie Bread?!?! OMG 🙂
what is tootie bread?