I found a tomato basil soup recipe that I like, FINALLY.
I’ve been through 4 recipes and so far?
- Southern Living let me down
- Hungry Girl let me down
- other random blogs let me down
I was hanging by a thread, and I needed this recipe to be good. If for no other reason than I’ve been craving a good at-home version for weeks.
Here’s the recipe I followed:
- 1 large can of petite diced tomatoes with juice
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 8-10 leaves fresh basil
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place tomatoes and juice in a stock pot over medium heat.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree the tomato mixture along with the basil leaves.
- Return the puree to the stock pot.
- Place the pot over medium heat and stir in the heavy cream and butter.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat, stirring until the butter is melted. Do not boil.
Yield: ~5 servings
ok..that is way too easy