Well, it’s that time of year again. Time for my annual year in review post. Let’s see what’s changed in my life in the past year, shall we?
- 2011: I’m sooo over drivers who drive slower than the posted speed. 10 in a 30 is not ok, but thanks for finally getting out of my way.
2012: I’m not adjusted to the CRAZY traffic in Austin. Between the rush hour parking lots and the folks who don’t know how to drive it’s annoying.
- 2011: I’m obsessed with the gorgeous clipart from pugly pixel! You’ll find that a lot of them are used throughout my blog
2012: Still obsessed. But as I was planning my wedding, I found out about Wedding Chicks and their free downloads. Ummmm….lifesaver! I used several of them to design my own paper details for our big day.
- 2011: I received an iPad for Christmas (Thanks, Adam!). I now drift off into dreamland playing Mahjong.
2012: I received a nice upgrade to my work computer this year. It’s made my life sooooo much better. Who knew Captivate could actually run without crashing?
- 2011: What [American Idol] season is it this year?
2012: Idol is old news. I’m counting down the weeks until the premiere of a new season of “So You Think You Can Dance”.
- 2011: Ellen never fails to make me laugh, then cry, then laugh again as I watch her talk show.
2012: Thanks to Ellen, I am now enamored by adorable little Sophia Grace Brownlee:
- 2011: Umm, “OMG” was just added to the Oxford Dictionary. I feel like everything I learned in English class was a lie.
2012: This year, in dispute with everything I ever learned in English class, the Oxford comma was dropped. I feel like my whole life has been a lie. This poster summarizes exactly why this is so wrong:
- 2011: Does anyone else see something wrong with Jim and Alexis’ relationship or is it just me? So. Wrong. Give her a voice and get your own dang orange juice, puh-lease.
2012: Why can’t I convince Adam that the Real Housewives franchise is a legitimate television series?
- 2011: In a little over 6.5 months we will be married! And living in the same zipcode – yet to be determined.
2012: Our zipcode was determined. I became an inhabitant of Texas. Lesson? Never say never when love is involved.
- 2011: The iPad is the single greatest invention ever. It’s practically attached to my hip when I’m at home. Is there anything it can’t do?
2012: The App “Paper” is incredible, it’s literally like having an easel at your fingertips.
- 2011: In case you haven’t noticed, I’m obsessed with Jazzercise so much that it’s been mentioned on my blog at least 7 times. I will stop you in the street and tell you about it, if you’ll let me. LOVE. IT!
2012: Honestly? I haven’t been to a Jazzercise class since January. The traffic to the nearest studio is so crazy that my drive time is just as long as my class time, which ends up equalling around 2 hrs. Instead, I’ve found a new exercise regimen in Yoga. I’ve developed a bit of a home practice and on occasion Adam and I will catch a Vinyasa class at Black Swan downtown.
- 2011: Try as I might to not get sucked into the addiction that is Twitter, I’ve failed. And I sometimes clog my followers feeds with senseless live tweets for pageants, award shows and documentaries about ferrets. Truly sorry, y’all!
2012: For some reason, I’ve kinda fallen off the Twitter world in the past month. I desperately want to get back in – I feel so disconnected – but something about only so many hours in the day…
- 2011: The Social Network was the best movie of the last year hands down. I wonder how many of the applications and games Zuckerberg uses on his profile and if he’s one of those every 5 minute updaters?
2012: The Hunger Games was incredible and ended up being a great date night movie. Plus, it doesn’t hurt that we saw it at Alamo Drafthouse. I think any movie seen there ends up being incredible.
- 2011: Gelato for ZAZA makes me happy, especially Honey Yogurt.
2012: I long for ZAZA. At least once a week Adam and I crave their salads, but alas an 8 hour drive keeps us from giving into our craving. Of course, after I move they develop the gelato I suggested: Nutella.
- 2011: Why have I not seen “Gone with the Wind”? <—Still true
2012: Who cares? Thanks to Netflix I’ve developed quite the interest in documentary films. Some of my favorites? The Cove and Bill Cunningham New York. I’m also looking forward to seeing Girl Model when it comes out.
- 2011: A day without Jazzercise most often leads to a less perky version of myself. Need. It.
2012: Well, I’ve had many days without Jazzercise and, while I think this is true to an extent, Yoga has helped me maintain a perky disposition.
- 2011: Still true, but I’m basking in my solo life since it will soon be coming to an end. Then I get to annoy Adam every. single. day. with my perkiness, random thoughts, and Bravo reality shows!! I know he’s excited.
2012: No longer single, but instead happily married and I’m living the dream as stated above. Life is wonderful!
- 2011: Did you hear? Fanny packs are coming back. Which reminds me of the neon green one I wore on family vacations in the early 90s. I think it had “Marlboro” or some other brand of cigarette written across the front. My dad was a grocer and I was the walking underage billboard for cigarettes. [No one in my family smokes]
2012: In just under 2 weeks we’ll be going to DISNEY WORLD!!! I looked high and low for a bag that in no way resembled a fanny pack for this trip. Lucky for me I found the perfect cross-body purse, it’s by pure coincidence that it’s green.
- 2011: Did I mention I’m getting MARRIED in October?!?! CAN. NOT. WAIT!
2012: October came and went with a wedding. A wonderful celebration with family and friends followed by a perfect honeymoon full of wine and relaxation. I’m so incredibly blessed!