Last year around this time, I wrote a year in review post full of random observations and comparisons about my life. What better time than a rainy, dreary Saturday to write the 2011 version? Plus, after 2 Jazzercise classes this morning – umm, Ballet Body is no joke! – and trying to make a substantial dent in my DVR, which is happily sitting at 92% full right now, I figure I could use a little mental and creative stimulation!
I now present 2010 vs. 2011 (thus far)…
- 2010: Cars with random sayings written on their back window should be taken off the road. Today’s quote? “Porno Country” written in white shoe polish.
2011: I’m sooo over drivers who drive slower than the posted speed. 10 in a 30 is not ok, but thanks for finally getting out of my way.
- 2010: I dabbled in designing my own stationery this year. I had 5 clients.
2011: I’m obsessed with the gorgeous clipart from pugly pixel! You’ll find that a lot of them are used throughout my blog
- 2010: Watching Food Network in bed is the best way to unwind and head to dreamland.
2011: I received an iPad for Christmas (Thanks, Adam!). I now drift off into dreamland playing Mahjong.
- 2010: Season 9 of American Idol was horribly over-hyped. Can we just go ahead and give Crystal Bowersox the title?
2011: What season is it this year?
- 2010: Ellen DeGeneres is the newest American Idol judge. Watch out, she’s about to take over the World.
2011: Ellen never fails to make me laugh, then cry, then laugh again as I watch her talk show.
- 2010: Using “tweet” as a verb is acceptable, so is using “tweep” as a noun.
2011: Umm, “OMG” was just added to the Oxford Dictionary. I feel like everything I learned in English class was a lie.
- 2010: Watching crazy housewives act like high school mean girls [or mafia members] all season and then meet up for a reunion long after the filming has wrapped is good television.
2011: Does anyone else see something wrong with Jim and Alexis’ relationship or is it just me? So. Wrong. Give her a voice and get your own dang orange juice, puh-lease.
- 2010: Long, late night phone calls/video chats with your boyfriend, who moved 8 hours away last May, are my favorite way to end a long day.
2011: Ditto, but in a little over 6.5 months we will be married! And living in the same zipcode – yet to be determined.
- 2010: My iPhone is my single greatest investment ever. How did I survive without it? [see also: Words with Friends]
2011: The iPad is the single greatest invention ever. It’s practically attached to my hip when I’m at home. Is there anything it can’t do?
- 2010: Despite hearing how cheesy it is or remembering the unfortunate neon leotards from the 80′s that many still [wrongly] associate with it, Jazzercise is the single best workout I’ve ever done, not to mention the only one I’ve stuck with for over 4 months without complaint. I? LOVE. IT!
2011: In case you haven’t noticed, I’m obsessed with Jazzercise so much that it’s been mentioned on my blog at least 7 times. I will stop you in the street and tell you about it, if you’ll let me. LOVE. IT!
- 2010: Twitter is how I make it through my work day.
2011: Try as I might to not get sucked into the addiction that is Twitter, I’ve failed. And I sometimes clog my followers feeds with senseless live tweets for pageants, award shows and documentaries about ferrets. Truly sorry, y’all!
- 2010: Since when did Facebook become the place for High School “spirit weeks”. I don’t care about the color of your underwear, your birthplace, or the celebrity you most resemble. What happened to original status updates??
2011: The Social Network was the best movie of the last year hands down. I wonder how many of the applications and games Zuckerberg uses on his profile and if he’s one of those every 5 minute updaters?
- 2010: Cupcakes from Cupcakes on Kavanaugh are a delectable treat.
2011: Gelato for ZAZA makes me happy, especially Honey Yogurt.
- 2010: Why have I not seen “This Is It”? <—- Still true, one year later.
2011: Why have I not seen “Gone with the Wind”?
- 2010: Jazzercise is my new [and hopefully permanent] stress relief.
2011: A day without Jazzercise most often leads to a less perky version of myself. Need. It.
- 2010: Girls’ nights, with friends you can be truly yourself around, are few and far between.
2011: Still true, but I’m basking in my solo life since it will soon be coming to an end. Then I get to annoy Adam every. single. day. with my perkiness, random thoughts, and Bravo reality shows!! I know he’s excited.
- 2010: Despite how much of a mistake they were in the 90′s, Hammer Pants are back. Did we not learn anything?
2011: Did you hear? Fanny packs are coming back. Which reminds me of the neon green one I wore on family vacations in the early 90s. I think it had “Marlboro” or some other brand of cigarette written across the front. My dad was a grocer and I was the walking underage billboard for cigarettes. [No one in my family smokes]
- 2010: Did I mention I’m going to my favorite beach this summer?!?!?!
2011: Did I mention I’m getting MARRIED in October?!?! CAN. NOT. WAIT!